Dieter F. Utchdorf gave a talk at the 2010 Young Women Broadcast talking about having your own "Happily Ever After". I was able to attend and it didn't really hit me as much as it did this morning while listening to Angie talk. Since I've been at college I have only gone on one date. My roomates had gone on so many dates with so many different guys. I have really started to get discrouaged and wonder what's wrong with me that boys don't want to go on dates with me. I had really started giving up until today. The main topics that the young women stake presidency talked about was our future and how to prepare for a future home with your own family you create. I always find myself wondering who the guy I will marry is and where he is going to come from. I've wanted to speed up time to just meet this guy. I get asked all the time "Do you have a boyfriend? Have you gone on any dates? Do you wish you had a boyfriend?" Well of course I always answer no to the first two questions and now my answer to the last one is going to be. Yes, sometimes I wish I had a boyfriend, but right now in my life I'm fine where I am. I don't need a boyfriend or even a boy to like. I can make it on my own and just enjoy having boys as my friends and support them on their missions and with anything they decide to do.
Of course like two days ago I probably would have told you that I do want one, things really changed today. In this talk he tells us how our story will always begin with "Once Upon a Time" and there willl always be adversity we have to overcome before we can get to our "Happily Ever After." Heavenly Father has really been teaching me patience when it comes to boys. He is also helping me to come to know who I am and what I want to be. I need to focus on me before I can focus on someone else. He knows who I am and what I can handle.
Someday I would like to find the perfect guy with all the qualities I would like him to have and be my prince charming, like in all fairytales. But I have a feeling it won't be for a very long time but if I am patient and let my Heavenly Father help me and guide me through it, I can overcome anything. I won't be married in the next two years like people keep telling me. If I am that's cool, but I don't think I will. I just can't wait until I can marry my prince charming in the prettiest castle in the universe and be with him for eternity. But in the meantime I can be patient and focus on going on lots of dates to find him :)

This is the handout that we got that really answered my prayers from this talk:
"We all search for happiness, and we all try to find our own "Happily Ever After". The truth is, God knows how to get there! And He has created a pattern for you. He knows the way. He is your beloved Heavenly Father, who seeks your good, your happiness. He desires with all the love of a perfect and pure Heavenly Father that you reach your supernal destination. The pattern is available to all. It gives explicit directions of what to do and where to go to everyone who is striving to come unto Christ and Stand As a Witness of God at all times and in all things, and in all places. All you have to do is trust your Heavenly Father. Trust Him enough to follow His plan!"
I know that if I put my trust in my Heavenly Father and be patient, He will help me to get to my final destination in life and make different stops on the way. Just like in fairy tales we get to have the adventures before we reach the end. I know one of my destinations will be to enter the temple and take out my endowments and be sealed for all eternity. I love this talk so much and I suggest every girl read it because it will change their life.
(And now my really long tangent is done. Sorry to anyone that actually took the time to read it and if it didn't make any sense.)

1 comment:
Kelsie, that perfect guy will come into your life when you least expect it, but for right now enjoy your life and your family. We love you! You are a beautiful young lady and any guy should love you have you in their life. Be patient!!
Post a Comment