
This is me at my 8th grade graduation. I really kinda wish I could forget my middle school years. I know everyone goes through them and they are usually awkward for everyone, but these were the worst two years of my life. I wore black or dark colors all the time, I dyed my hair dark (to purposefully look dark), I listened to the worst music ever, and I just wasn't me. I look and read back on these times and I think more than anything I was just trying to fit in with the group I hung out with. I didn't think anyone liked me so I changed my appearance to kinda rebel against everyone at school. My parents and my family I'm sure were afraid of what was going on. The only good thing that came out of this was that as soon as I went back to "normal" in 9th grade, I realized how stupid I was and I have been myself ever since. I know who I am and I won't change for anyone. I guess when you look back on things you learn from your mistakes and don't make them again. I'm really glad I changed, and I know my family is definitely glad ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment