Thursday, June 19, 2008

Youth Conference 2008!

This past three days I have had the opportunity to go to Youth Conference. We went up to Manti for most of it. We stayed in the Snow College dorm rooms. They weren't too great. We had 6 girls in the apartment and there were about 3 rooms in each. I shared a room with Cassi and Lexi. The other girls in my apartment thing were Mariah, Amanda, Megan and her sister Lindsey. We had a blast!









We played water games for about 3 hours to cool off. It was so hot there! I didn't really do any of those games so I took pictures. I went to watch Garett and T.J. go down this big slide. T.J. was soaking wet when he got off the slide and gave me a hug so I was soaked too! I was sure to get out of there before anyone could throw me in the pool!





We had dinner and then went to the Manti pageant. We got there about 2 hours early so I was able to sneak away for a little bit to visit Brittani, Josh, Abby, and Maddie. I got to hold her and while I was holding the baby, Abby was playing with my friends Cassi and Lexi that went with me. She was playing with one of their cell phones and was acting like a teenager. She's so cute!








The Pageant was so amazing! The last time I went was when I was like 6 or something and I only remembered a couple parts out of it. Like Angel Moroni standing on top of the temple and the handcarts going across the hill. I loved it! I can't wait to go back again someday.
























We did a service project at the temple. We pulled weeds around the trees on the temple grounds. I have so many mosquito bites from that project! I found out that bug spray doesn't work! After we did that for about an hour we got to walk around on the temple grounds and go in the visitor center. That was so awesome!


Overall I'm really glad I went. We had a fireside and testimony last night. I got up and bore my testimony. It was really great hearing all the other people bear their testimonies also. I really loved hearing T.J. Garett, and Sam's tesimony. They are going on missions and it might be the last time I will get to hear their testimonies so it was awesome! I love youth conference!

1 comment:

Jay and Jill said...

I'm glad you had a really good time at Youth Conferenc. I really love the Manti temple. It is really pretty. Hope you are having fun in Las Vegas. Miss you!
Mom