So I'm just sitting here wondering what else I could be doing. That seems to happen a lot lately. There isn't much to do around these parts. I was at work today and one of the ladies I work with kinda had a little freak out about how this town isn't really for teenagers. The others joined in saying how it seems that teenagers here seem to all be either on drugs, in jail, or having babies. Then the one had a freak out and said that the cause for that is because there isn't anything to do here and so teenagers turn to drugs, alcohol and just do really stupid things. She said that the only ones that seem to be normal are the LDS kids because we have church activities and whatnot to keep us occupied. It turned out to be a heated and interesting conversation. I just gotta say I'm glad I have my religion. It does keep you occupied and keeps you away from doing some stupid things. I know there are so many teenagers in this town that are LDS but still doing all those stupid things, but we can only hope that they will see the light and maybe at least try to stop. But you can't really do much about it.
The thing that has kept me the most occupied this past couple weeks is the great and wonderful Honor Choir. I have been practicing it seems non stop since I got back from Christmas Break. It has seriously taken up so much of my life lately. I have gone from being very stressed out over learning the music to now feeling okay about it. I think I practiced for about 2 hours last night and then laid in bed with the cd on repeat for about 3 hours until I could finally fall asleep and let it keep repeating even while I was asleep and even woke up to it playing. We had passoffs to do and let me tell ya I was freaked out. We sing two songs that are in different languages and the words are so hard to memorize. Even after I left to go to work I felt like I didn't do too great. Of course that feeling didn't last very long because about 15-20 minutes later Mrs. Terry texted me:
"Kelsie, just wanted to let you know that i noticed how well you know your music for honor choir. Thanks for your dedication!"
Can I just say how that made my day? I was so worried and now I just feel at peace and calm. Thanks Mrs. Terry!
I am so excited for honor choir this weekend! We get to perform in Abravanel Hall on saturday. We get to leave on Thursday and go stay up there until then. Friday is probably going to be a long day though. We rehearse from 9:00 a.m-9:00 p.m. We do get a lunch and dinner break that last for two hours and little breaks inbetween. It will be pretty intense but I can't wait!
Also for anyone that wants to go it will be on Saturday, January 16th at Abravanel Hall in Salt Lake City at 1:30. Tickets are being given out at the door and it says on the paper we got: "Please stress that there will be a ticket for anyone who wants to see the concert." It's going to be a really great experience and I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment