Monday, January 18, 2010

Honor Choir 2010!!!

First off I must say how much I LOVED Honor Choir! It was honestly the best experience of my life and I learned SO much! This might end up being a pretty long post so feel free to stop reading if you get sick of my babbling :)

We left Thursday after school to head up north to find our hotel. We stopped in Fillmore to eat. The bus ride up there was really fun. The group of people that went up I get along with pretty well so that just made it a lot more fun! The girls that went were: me, McKenna Terry, Jennifer Anderson, Sara Carling, Lexi Cox, Christi Cox, and Johanna Bowman. The boys were: Matt Vaughn, Aaron Downward, Tyrell Reidhead, Blaine Allan, Ian Hiscock, Ben Cserepes, and Landon Crouteau. Mr. Terry was our bus driver so we got to have all the Terry kids on the bus with us. Mace is hilarious! He spent a lot of time back there with us and played a couple games with us and just made us all laugh a lot. We stayed in the Crystal Inn in Salt Lake. We got there with time to spare before our 11:30 curfew but I didn't really take advantage of that. I pretty much showered and watched some tv with McKenna. Jennifer was our roommate. There was only 3 of us because one of the girls didn't come. Mine and McKenna's cousin Jess stayed with us the following night.

Photobucket
McKenna's nifty little Arby's snail complete with curly fry body, roast beef, and ketchup eyes.

Friday was a really long day. We had a rehearsal at Taylorsville High School all day starting at 9:00. It really didn't end up being as bad as I thought it was going to be. We had to be in our seats at 9:00 a.m. My Aunt Brittani had told me a couple days before that one of her friend's daughters was going to be there too. Funny thing is she ended up sitting right next to me. Molly is her name. I loved her haha we laughed and talked alot. I guess Brittani had talked to her too so it just made it even more funny. We would sing for an hour and 15 mintues and then we would have a 15 minute break and then we would sing again and then we had a lunch break. We went to the mall and everyone else seemed to have the same idea. There was SO many people there. I swear like all 700 of us were. McKenna and I ended up getting a smoothie and pretzels because the line was so long to just about everything. When we got back to the school we practiced again for an hour and 15 minutes then had a break and then had another 2 hour dinner break. We decided to go to a different mall which was really nice. There wasn't any other honor choir people there so we were able to eat and had time to shop and make it back in time to practice some more. We had another 1hr 15 min practice and then had an hour to practice our combined songs with the boys. It was so fun!

Photobucket
McKenna and me at rehearsals!

Our director was Adrianne Tawa and I loved her! She was so funny! I learned so much about how to sing better and just everything! She was so great! I wish I could describe what I learned but it's impossible without demonstration and sound, so I guess you don't get to know haha

Later that night we went to McDonald's to eat dinner and these three guys walked in and for some reason picked the closest table to us. They dropped the F bomb a few times and we just swearing up a storm. They also kept bashing the church and that just really got to me. They said "People here must be used to the liquor store closing at 9:00. Plus they probably get free food if they tell the people that they choose the right or something." Yeah, because we just show our temple reccomends to the people at McDonals'd for free food right? haha nope we don't. They were also waiting for a friend to come and kept talking about how they were missing a party and missing out on girls and stuff. Then as they were leaving they asked me if I was going to the party and i said no. Then they said that I should. They were creeps!

Saturday was the best day by far. Even if it meant waking up at 6:40 to be at Abravenal Hall by 7:45 a.m. We all had to wait outside for a few minutes in the freezing cold and bad air quality.

Photobucket

Photobucket
We got put in our seats. There was girls on the stage and there wasn't enough room so some of the soprano I's and Alto II's had to sit up on the balcony. We practiced through our songs and the boys came in and we practiced with them. Since the boys didn't have to line up until like 9:45 and got to sleep in, the girls got to leave for a lunch break. I rode trax with McKenna and Jess and just about every other girl in Honor Choir down to the Gateway Mall to eat some lunch. Chasen met me there and I got to hang out with him for a little bit. I swear I haven't seen the kid for a month so it was really great to see him again. He even went to the concert which kinda amazed me but it was nice knowing he was there to support me. Thanks Chasen! :) We had to be back to be in our seats by 1:00 so we got there a few minutes before that.

Photobucket
Alto II's!
Photobucket
Soprano I's!
Photobucket
Soprano I's again!

Photobucket
McKenna and me in our seats on the balcony before the concert!

Photobucket
The Girls!

Photobucket

The Boys!
Photobucket

There weren't as many boys as there were girls so they all acutally fit on the stage. Both groups sounded amazing! I can't wait to get the cd of our performance because it's going to be AMAZING!


Photobucket
This is our amazing director Adrianne Tawa!

After the performance and finding our way through the hundreds of people we all met outside for pictures and then got on the bus and headed home. It was a really fun weekend and I wish I could still be there and it had never ended.


Photobucket

Back Left: Landon, Blaine, Ben, Aaron, Andrew, Matt, Tyrell

Front Left: McKenna, me, Sara, Lexi, Jennifer, Christi, Johanna


Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: