I sat in our room for a little while working on homework and then McKenna and I went swimming. I think everyone was down there but they left shortly because most of them are in the one act play so it emptied out quick. We woke up the next morning around 6:30 to start getting read and pack up all our stuff to leave and head over to Millard High. Of course we were the first ones there. Seems to always happen. Anyways the one act plays were first and then the individuals. Of course with mine and McKenna's luck the musical theatre went last. It sucked. We then had our awards ceremony that for some reason didn't start until 6:30 pretty much. Our one act play got first place and will be going to state. I don't get to go to state with my musical theatre but thats okay because I might still drive up to support them. But congratulations to McKenna who does! So we had to stop in Beaver again to eat. It was weird thinking that less than 12 hours later I would be back in Beaver for region solo and ensemble.
McKenna's green makeup didn't come off so she just kept it on. She was Elphaba from Wicked if you can't tell.
So we got home that night at about 11:00 which meant I didn't get to sleep until about 1:00 in the morning. I had to get up at 5:00 a.m. to get ready and get all my stuff I would need together. We then drove to Beaver. We got there around 9:00 and I didn't have to perform until about 11:30 so I had a lot of time to kill. Well my solo went pretty good. I froze for about 2 seconds and replaced one word with another but it was still okay. In my "My Shepherd Will Supply My Need" group, we didn't do so great. And I'm really sad that song didn't make it to state. I was very disappointed because it is such a pretty song and we worked hard on it and even practiced on the bus the way up. My other group did make it to state though which I'm pretty glad. Also my solo "Homeward Bound" made it to state. Mrs. Terry told me that it almost didn't go to state though. THe judge gave me a 1- and circled yes that I qualify for state. Well that's like illegal or something like that so she had to find him and ask him about it. He said that yes I get to go to state. This also happened to one of the boys in our choir. But unfortunately the judge didn't change it for him. More good news is that all of X-Press gets to go to state! I'm pretty excited! Other than that there isn't much more to add. I did have a lot of fun though! And I wish I could say that I took pictures, but I didn't. I'm just now extremely tired from lack of sleep and all the emotions of these two things.


No comments:
Post a Comment