Sunday, March 28, 2010

Baptisms and the YW General Meeting!

This past weekend has been the best weekend and one that was much needed. We only had four girls from my ward go up with us and Kaylie also came with us too. On the way up I didn't sleep at all. I don't think anyone did actually.

Photobucket







Photobucket

As we were driving we drove upon this. We first noticed the flames and the smoke from a little ways away. The truck that was pulling the trailer was on fire. It looked like a nice diesel truck and had already been past the point of explosion. It was really scary.

We stayed at my Aunt Wendy's house. She lives about 10 minutes from the Oquirrh Mountain temple so in the room Kaylie and me shared you could see the temple all lit up from the window.
Photobucket
The next morning we did baptisms in the Oquirrh Mountain temple. It was really busy in there. One of the worker people said it hadn't ever been that busy before. We only got to do 3-5 baptisms each. We were in there for about 3 hours. Most of it was waiting but it was alright. This past month has been a really hard one with all the stress and everything that's been going on so I was really excited to go. It brought peace and everything and made me feel so much better and brought the spirit a lot.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


After we did baptisms we drove up to downtown Salt Lake and rode trax to the Gateway Mall. We ate and just walked around and stuff. We got to go to the new Deseret Book that is really big and really nice.
Photobucket
At the gate into Temple Square they had the young women value flags.
My mom had Kaylie and me go into the Conference Center to save some seats while they found a parking spot. We were on about the 20th row and it was just really close and you could make out faces of the prophet and the presidency. So AMAZING!
My favorite talk was Dieter F. Ucthdorf. I loved it!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We walked around temple square and saw the conference center and the temple. The sun was starting to go down so the lighting was really good and I got some good pictures.

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

We got home at about 2:00 in the morning after running into many deer in the road and having to go slow. I did have a really good time!

1 comment:

Brittani Terry said...

Josh and I were staying at the Salt Lake Plaza right next door. Who new?