Thursday, March 26, 2009

Prom Part 1

I'm just going to do this post in parts and the rest will come later. Probably after I go private for a few reasons.


Prom Day Date

The day date actually went really well. I guess I was kinda a party pooper and believe me I was told later that night too, but we don't really need to get into that right now. We went down to St. George with many other couples to do some fun things and just hang out.


Place #1 D.I.

Our first stop was the D.I. down there. The objective was to dress up your date as goofy as possible and then everyone has to wear whatever they had on around the mall for an hour. Well I just didn't really feel like it so I didn't make him dress up and he didn't make me. The other girls in my group thought it would be pretty funny to make him dress up, so he did.
We both tried on pants that were like 20 sizes too big.....


Our whole group...

Place#2 The Mall

Our next stop was the mall. Everyone (except me) actually wore there clothes. It was pretty funny. Ben ended up taking them off and throwing them away while he was walking around. They got some pretty great looks from people. We walked in to American Eagle and Ben asked the lady at the counter where a guy like him should look for clothes. She pointed over to the guys section where all the brightly colored clothes were and said that those would probably fit his style. I laughed so hard! A couple people bought some fake mustaches and everyone but me and another girl put them on. So I just took pictures instead.


He also got some pretty sweet aviator sunglasses too

Place #3 Lazer Mania

I guess the boys thought it would be fun to go to Lazer Mania to play some laser tag. I have to admit I'm not very good but it was a lot of fun! I pretty much stayed in my same spot the whole game and tried to just not get hit. I shot my gun maybe like a couple times. I don't know how or why but I actually beat Ben! I came in 6th place and he was 7th. I felt pretty good about myself. It was really hot in there so while a few of the others played minigolf, the rest of us went for a walk.

Place #4 Brigham Young Winter Home

On our walk we walked by a truck that had a little teddy bear on it. Ben still had his little mustache on and i guess it was bugging him so he took it off. One of the guys got a great idea to put it on the truck. THey lifted one of them up onto the tire and he put it on.

I thought it was pretty funny too. So if you are ever in St.George and you walk down the street a little ways past Lazer Mania and you see a random truck in a parking lot that has a cute little teddy bear on it, be sure to look for the mustache on it. You will have to let me know if you ever see it though! haha
Anyways we walked up to the Brigham Young Winter Home and took a tour of it. It was actually really cool. The missionary that gave us the tour told us the whole history of the house and a few facts about St.George in the early years. It was really interesting.
Place #5 Back to Lazer Mania
As we walked into the parking lot we found all of our group that wasn't with us and more that had the same idea as us, standing around the car of the mom of one of the boys that was with us. She was kinda enough to drive the other half of our group down there. Anyways the first thing she said to us was, " My car just got broken into when we went back inside. My window is broken and they stole my purse." After that just about everyone was freaking out. We looked over at the car. Her window was shattered and glass was everywhere. You could tell they threw something in because the door on the drivers side now had a hole in it. Her purse was gone. The whole thing was just a mess.
Well that's pretty much all that happened that day. I will post more later about prom. So stay tuned for Part 2 of my prom experience!

3 comments:

Brittani Terry said...

When I go to St. George this week the first place I am stopping is the D.I!! I should of had you look for some stuff there for me!!

Kesha and Kenny said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun, minus the car getting broke into. That is sad! The teddy bear is hilarious. If I ever see it I will let you know....thanks for the invite by the way :)

Kaylie Jean said...

looks like you had fun! lol :] i love the teddy bear thing haha