So I heard about this YSA Conference like a week before it was to happen and I was all about going but nobody would go with me so at the very last minute I decided not to go. Well on Friday (the day before said conference), my awesome Aunt Brittani called me to ask about this conference and had heard about it and basically asked if I was going. I told her I didn't have anyone to go with but I guess I would go. Well maybe about 20 or so minutes later I get a call from her brother-in-law Isaac asking if I was going and what classes I had signed up for. By the end of the phone call it was all set and I was to meet him down in St. George the next day.
The following day comes and I drive myself down to St. George in the early hours of the morning. The whole conference was absolutely amazing! I loved hearing from John Bytheway and Elder Oaks and his wife. I'm not going to lie, I felt pretty stupid that I forgot my notebook AND my scriptures which are pretty critical to have at those things, so I don't have any notes or anything. The main things that I took from this conference were I don't need to be in a big hurry to get married because now is the time to focus on my tesimony and getting to know myself better. Temples are critical in our church because they are what can get us closer to our Heavenly Father and it is crucial to be married in the temple so we can be sealed forever and I can't wait for the day I can go through the temple and also be sealed to whoever it is I marry. I also learned that I need to wake up and stop hitting the spritual snooze button. One of the last things I learned was that we all have weaknesses and they are sent to humble us and when we get over a weakness and make it stronger, another weakness will be thrown at us. It's just a neverending cycle that is there to help us. I just learned a lot and I wish I would have taken some notes, although I would have probably ended up writing down their whole talks because they were that good! Everyone that didn't go really missed out a lot!
So I'm pretty sure my family is all freaking out over the fact that I mentioned Isaac's name becuase they have been trying to get me to go on a date or something with him since they knew he was home from his mission. Well I guess even before but we won't really go into that. But he is a really nice guy and super spiritual and pretty easy to talk to. I'm really glad he went with me because I had a really good time. So thanks Brittani and probably Josh too for setting that whole thing up :)
Final Presentation Finally
12 years ago
2 comments:
Yay Kelsie ;)
Your very welcome and thank you for calling me awesome :D Your not so bad yourself. HeeHee! Love ya and glad you enjoyed it.
Post a Comment