This past week has been Homecoming week at Kanab High School. We've had people dressed up in pajamas, cowboys, their favorite movie characters, and decked out in red and white. We had assemblies, pep rally, special guest speakers, cheers, and everything that comes with the homecoming week. It's my favorite week out of the whole school year!
This post is going to start out with the happenings at KHS on friday. We had to go to our first four classes but after lunch we had our big assembly including the Larriettes glow in the dark dance. Which is always really cool. We got out of school at 1:00 instead of the 2:30 time we get out everyday to let everyone get their floats all ready and lined up at 2:00 for the parade. Now I wish I had pictures of this but I don't. The drama float (which I was on) was originally going to walk. We had diesels both in front and behind us and if we had walked it would have gone really slow. I called Jay at the last minute and he brought his truck. He literally got there 30 seconds before the parade started. Thanks to Jay again for driving his truck for us!
After the parade I got to hang out with a few people that i never really hang out with outside of school. Brooke Barber and Lydia Lind decided to hang out with me, Kaylie, and Delaney. We drove around, visited Kim at work, ate at Junction, went to Kaylie's house, then to the game. The pregame show started at 6:30 and that included the Lariettes, school song, X-Press singing the National Anthem. Fun times! Well I got to wear Josh Horton's (Kaylie's brother) football jersey. The funny thing is that he played a JV game the night before and kinda got in a little tussle with another football player so he got suspended for two games. I still wore his jersey anyways!
Of course Chasen is behind me making some face....crazy kid!
Kaylie and I ended up leaving the game after halftime because it was cold and we were losing 28-6. Not a very good game. We ended up losing by a lot. It didn't help that our best quarterback got injured and another one of our really good players got injured earlier in the season and hasn't been playing. I just couldn't handle watching it anymore. So we rented movies and watched them at my house. It was a fun night!
I will now write about my fun adventure to Zion for my day date. Josh Barton texted me at 8:00 saturday morning telling me that I need to bring a lunch. Well I fell asleep again for about an hour. He picked me up at 11:00 and headed to the park. There we met a bunch of other couples. Matt Vaughn and Kira Robinson, Andrew Corry and Jamie Croteau, Landon Croteau and Sara Carling, Aaron Downward and Hilaree Sargeant, David Kirby and Kylie Owens. There was a lot of us crazy teenagers! We had to take two cars to get to Zion.
A series of things went wrong on this date, but either ended up not being very bad or were just hilarious. So it all worked out. The first thing that went wrong was when we pulled up to pay to get into the park, the lady told us that it might be a 1-2 hour wait to get through the tunnel because an RV got stuck. Or as it really was, just died. We waited in a long line of cars to get through the tunnel and only ended up waiting about 15 minutes.
Landon, Sara, Jamie, and Andrew
Kira and Matt
Jamie and Andrew
Kylie, Me, and Hilaree
The second thing that went wrong was the fact that there was no parking anywhere in the parking lots. We ended up having to park a little ways up the road from the Canyon Junction shuttle stop. There was a little bit of walking involved. But that's okay, it was fun.!
We ate lunch right when we got there. We hiked up this little mountain and sat at the top to eat our lunch. Everyone sat along the edge and waved at all the tourists that drove by. I stayed back on a rock that wasn't so close to the edge.
Of course Andrew pretends to push Landon off the edge...
We went exploring around that spot and found a spot that looked kinda like there was a landslide there and had left a hole just for us to fit through...It was so much easier getting down that way than it was the way we got up!
Me, Jamie(by my arm), Andrew (looking pretty vicorious) and David Kirby (climbing) down the mountain of rocks!
The first hike we went on was Weeping Rock. It was so fun! The weather outside was pretty nice but it still felt good to be dripped on with water.
Waiting for three girls to get back from the bathroom....
Me and Josh, my date.
Aaron and Hilaree
Sara and Landon
David and Kylie
Our whole group!
Funny Story Time!!
When we got done with the hike and got back to the bridge we all decided to go under the bridge to check it out. Well a few people started crossing this log onto the other side. Josh decided to try and got to the other side and the log snapped. He tried grabbing on to a tree but it didn't help him. Instead he fell into the water..He got soaked! The good thing is I had just taken my camera away from him so that survived!
Before the accident:
He was drinking the nasty water from a leaf...
The big group of people that witnessed Josh's accident...
Josh telling his story about what happened....
Landon and David climbing up the wall....
The rest of the group went to hike up to Emerald Pools. Kylie's foot was hurting so we stayed back and just hung out a little bit. There was a random turkey that we named SPOM (Stupid Piece Of Meat) because he scared Kylie pretty bad. He got so close to us!
The way back:
The wind picked up and the boys had to be back for Priesthood Meeting.
The Dance!
At 6:00 Kaylie came over to help me get ready for the dance. She did my hair and we had to make a run to her house to get an undershirt for my dress. We had fun just talking and everything. I'm glad she was there! Thanks again Kaylie for doing my hair! It was perfect!
Josh picked me up around 9:00 to meet the rest of our group at Houston's where they were eating. We made it to the dance at 9:30 which was a half hour late. We first got our pictures done professionally and then went outside to dance. It was so much fun! A had a few friends there that helped me have fun! I danced with Josh, Matt Vaughn, Aaron Downward. It was way fun! We got home around 11:45. I was so tired!
There might be more pictures coming when I get them from other people!













































2 comments:
Looks like you all had a great time. YOu look beautiful as always!
Love ya!
you're welcome!! haha Im so glad you liked your hair!! You looked very pretty!1 WOO WOO and for sure love the leggings and tank top for sure a fashion statement haha :P
Post a Comment