So the past little while since Matt left I have been having a really hard time with all my friends going off to college, or leaving on missions. Now with them all gone or leaving, it's just getting harder. I've been feeling like I'm being left behind even more. I am happy for all of them and I guess that this is what I get for hanging out with people older than me and not really having any friends my age that I can hang out with after school or just do random fun things with. Oh well, my time will come when I grow up and am out of high school.
O
n a happier note, one of my best friends Chasen Chamberlain is leaving on his mission on Wednesday. He was supposed to leave tomorrow but his visa to leave the country didn't come so he has to go to the MTC up in Provo until that comes. He was called to the Rio de Janiero Brazil mission. That's just so far away! It's so crazy that he will be gone for two years.
A few words about Chasen....
Well I have known this kid for years. Probably since I was in 6th grade on. We've been in the same ward since I moved here, but we didn't start talking until he saw me at a football game when I was in about 7th grade and kept calling me antisocial. That would just make me mad and I would just tell him that I wasn't. Which I really was. I started hanging out with him and the rest of that group in 7th grade. I've pretty much just been good friends with him since (except maybe 8th grade during the dark ages of my life.)
My freshmen year I think he helped me out the most. I didn't know anyone and felt really nervous and scared to be in high school. I didn't know where any of my classes were. He was the first person I saw and he came right up to me and just started talking to me and calmed me down. I think between every class he showed me to my next class and where I was supposed to be. That year was my first year ever in drama and he also helped me with that. The first play we did was "The Legend of Sleepy Hallow." It was always fun being in the same play. He played Ichabod and I was one of the school students so I got to backtalk and just have a great old time.
Chasen is in the orange haha
Doing the fun awesome dance
Throughout the years, he has actually been there for me a lot. More than he knows probably. Anytime I had problems with boys or just anything, I could just text him or call him and he would listen and just give me some pretty great advice. Whenever we are hanging out with people that I didn't really know all that well he made sure I talked and wasn't left out. He understood exactly how I felt and always stands up for me. We've been on a lot of different adventures and have just done alot. Going up to Brian Head was probably 2nd on the fun list of things we've done. We went on ranger rides at like 10:00 at night. He kept scaring us with his tales of scary movies he's seen. I swear any scary movie you can name, I bet he's seen it. He scared the crap out of me a few times, but we still had fun.
The lake trip we went on was way fun too! His dad has a boat and he invited all of us to go. I had a blast!
To sum this whole post up I just gotta say how much I'm going to miss this kid. He has been there for me a lot since Matt left. Anytime I feel down, he makes sure I get happy again. Of course he can drive me crazy sometimes, he can make me laugh alot too. He's just one of my bestest friends and I will for sure miss him. I know he's going to be a great missonary and I just wish him luck in Brazil with the BIG spiders! haha :D







2 comments:
That was a great post :) I'm gonna mis him so so much :(
Hang in there... you'll have lots of time to sort your feelings out (and make more lists ha ha). It'll all get clear with time...
Post a Comment