I finally got to go to Warped Tour this year! In the years past I've really wanted to go but my mom just never thought it was such a great idea. Maybe it was because I wanted to go with boys? I just don't really know.
Thursday night Kaylie picked me up and we went over to get Sarah Chapman and then headed to Cedar. We stayed at their friend Serena's house so we wouldn't have to wake up really early the next morning and travel five hours but only have to travel 3 hours to get up to Salt Lake. That night we went to Maggie Moo's ice cream to get, well, ice cream. We met up with Ashley Brinkerhoff (now something else) and one of her friends. We sat in there for a long time just talking about random things. I was of course the youngest there but it was still so much fun! We then got a movie and went back to Serena's house to watch a movie and go to bed.
Thursday night Kaylie picked me up and we went over to get Sarah Chapman and then headed to Cedar. We stayed at their friend Serena's house so we wouldn't have to wake up really early the next morning and travel five hours but only have to travel 3 hours to get up to Salt Lake. That night we went to Maggie Moo's ice cream to get, well, ice cream. We met up with Ashley Brinkerhoff (now something else) and one of her friends. We sat in there for a long time just talking about random things. I was of course the youngest there but it was still so much fun! We then got a movie and went back to Serena's house to watch a movie and go to bed.
Kaylie was tkaing a picture of the house and I walked in there to take my shoes off and I stepped on something that kinda hurt my foot...
The next morning we got up around 8:00 to get ready to go. We were out of there by about ten I think it was. The ride up there was pretty fun. We listened to the bands that we were going to see the next day and also sang along to Disney music. Serena and Sarah slept most of the way up. Anyways, when we finally got up there we stopped in Draper at Plato's Closet. I don't think very many people have heard of that place but it's my favorite. It's like a D.I but with brand name clothes and they are also still new pretty much. I found some cute clothes there.
We were able to check into our hotel around 1:00. We stayed in the Baymont Hotel that is just down the road a ways from the Utah State Fairground. It was pretty nice inside. There were two beds in our room and free wi-fi. So it was all we needed.
We spent a lot of time at the Gateway Mall. Serena and Sarah went their own way so it was me and Kaylie most of the time. She took me into Forever 21 for my very first time. I was so overwhelmed because all of their clothes are cute. It took me forever to decide which ones I wanted. But after about two hours I decided. We were there until about 5:00 and got hungry. We met Justin at Olive Garden to eat. I haven't seen Justin since he moved up to Salt Lake so it was really nice to see him. The food was delicious.
This lady was outside along the mall....Look how scary she is!
The traffic coming out of the mall.....
The Waiting in Traffic looks.....
Olive Garden!
Sarah and Serena
Justin and me!
We pretended it was Sarah's birthday and they sang to her and brought her a "cake" made of mints and put a candle on top.
After we ate we went back to the hotel to just kinda chill for a little bit. Kaylie and me sorta got restless so we went back to the Gateway to just kinda hang out. We were also waiting for Justin and Chasen to get out of a movie so we could all hang out. Of course most of our time was spent in Forever 21 again.
We tried on sunglasses...
After about three hours of the mall and still no call or text from the boys, we decided to go walk around the temple. We ended up laying on the grass in front of it and just talking. I think it was couple night or something because there was SO many couples around just holding hands or kissing. It made us a little sad haha
We got new lip gloss at Victoria's Secret...
That is the reflection of the temple in the pond in front of it...You can see the ripples where I threw in a penny to make a wish.
We didn't end up hanging out with the guys that night because their movie didn't get over until about 12:30 and we were really tired.
Warped Tour!!
The next morning we all woke up around 9:00 and get ready really fast and made it to the Utah State Fairgrounds an hour before the gates opened to let us in to where the bands were.
We sat on some bleachers while we waitedfor them to let us in. Chasen and Justin found us sitting there so they kinda waited there with us.
The lines of people waiting to get in....
The security people checking everyone for whatever bad things they may have....
The lady that was checking all the girls didn't really even check me for anything. She just looked at me and said, "Well some people you can just tell there is nothing on them." Then I just walked right on through.
Waiting for We the Kings to come on....
We the Kings!
Most of the bands we wanted to see were all pretty much at the same time so we only got to watch like half of each band perform. It did end up working out okay though. I got to see everyone I wanted.
The Maine. They are now like my favorite band.
After this we headed over to All Time Low. Another one of my favorites. They were sooooo great! Chasen and Justin met up with us. I think they probably got really sick of me texting them asking where they were. I just felt so much more comfortable having a guy with me.
Rocking out to All Time Low
All Time Low
Our "OH my gosh, what is that?!" look.
I was just ever so excited to be there!!
The weather was SO nice for most of the day. After about a couple hours we got really tired.
Resting in the grass watching I think it was Bayside?
The last band we saw that day was 3oh!3. The sun was right in our eyes but we didn't care! haha This was probably the most energetic out of all the others we saw. I loved it!
Doing the 3oh!3 sign...
That night we got food to take to the hotel room to eat. Serena and Sarah wanted to go swimming and stuff and just sleep. We were all so tired but I didn't want the fun to stop. After me and Kaylie showered and stuff we met up with Justin and Chasen and followed them to Justin's apartment. We were over there until about 1:30 a.m. watching movies. It was so much fun!
On sunday we got ready and went over to the Salt Lake temple. I decided I wanted to do my senior pictures there because nobody else would have thought of it, and there are some really pretty areas around there to take pictures.
Here are a couple fun pictures that we took:
I took this one and I'm really proud of it because it's probably the cutest and coolest picture I have ever taken!
haha good times! SO Kaylie told me to point to the M and I just randomly started laughing. I got what she meant after a couple minutes haha I guess the "M" was supposed to stand for "Matt." Very original Kaylie! haha
We got home around 8:00 that night and very very tired. It's now been two days since I got home and I'm still recovering. It was a really fun trip though! I can't wait until next year!!!
Also 2 things I learned from my experience at Warped Tour:
1. Wear sunscreen. Even if you think you will tan instead of burn and it's overcast outside. You still get burnt.
2. Always stick with a boy. One that you know preferrably. Boys will be how they are and just say or do weird things around you. Also people will notice the boy you are with and you won't get pushed around as much.










































2 comments:
That was so fun!! I am so up for next year!! Haha and I'm so original lol who would have thunk m could stand for Matt?! Haha lol I'm glad it was a success so much funness haha!!
Looks like you guys had SO much fun! BTW - love your mani/pedi's! you two are such cute fun girls!
Post a Comment