Monday, June 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad! (and I guess father's day too :D)



My dad's birthday was yesterday and I didn't get to see him because him and Kim decided to hike to Havasupai (spelled wrong I think) Falls. So I decided that I would do a post about my dad and how he is the greatest!
My dad is really good at supporting all of us kids. I know he tries really hard to be at everything. If he can't then he will tell us beforehand why he can't be there. I think he has been to at least 98% of all my things that he needs to be at. Even when I tell him he doesn't have to go to something he will still be there.
We went to Puerto Rico for a family vacation a couple years ago. He went there on his mission and wanted to share with us what he grew to love. He knew just about everything about every place there and knew all the good spots to eat and where the best places to visit are and where you probably shouldn't go. He knew everything and he still seems to know just about everything and can always answer any question I have. He's amazing!
My dad is a really great missionary. The lady in the picture with him is a lady he baptized while he was on his mission down there. There is only one meetinghouse in Puerto Rico for all the people that are members (which there aren't very many). While we were in sacrament meeting down there my dad saw her and thought she looked familiar and saw her leaving so he followed her outside and started talking to her. We were able to go to her house and eat and just visit. We left her house and have been keeping in touch with her since. A few months ago she came to Kanab to visit our family. My dad was able to go through the temple with her for her very first time. He knows a lot about the gospel and is still doing missionary work.
My dad is also a really funny guy. He might sometimes just go over the top to the point it embarrasses me or sometimes annoys me but I still love it! Anytime I'm down or just not very happy for any reason he will somehow cheer me right up. He can make me laugh really easy by tickling me or just saying something really funny. He can make anyone laugh. That's one of the greatest things about my dad. Even my friends love him because he is funny! (They also think he looks a little bit like George Clooney. I'm still not sure how they see it though haha)
He loves being outside and doing yardwork and just about anything you can possibly do outside. He goes four-wheeling a lot and loves hiking. He works really hard to support the family and has had like three jobs at once, or something like that. He's really amazing! his energy amazes me. haha For how old he is he can sure just keep going and going and it seems like he never gets tired or anything. He alway amazes me with something. :)
He's a pretty good cook too! Hamburgers and Steak are definitely my favorites. I love having BBQ's over there. He can also make some really good Puerto Rican food and his Pina Colada's are real good!My dad came to my prom and i got to dance with him. I dont' think I have ever gotten to before. He said that I should enjoy it because it might be the only time I get to dance with him. I told him that he still has my wedding where I will be sure to dance with him. He just kinda looked a little shocked. That isn't for a really long time though so he doesn't have to worry :)
I think this is my favorite picture of us. I didn't discover it up until about a couple months ago and I really love it a lot. I just really love my dad a lot and I don't think I show him that often that I do. I really really do though. I'm thankful for always being there for me and being at piano recitals, string and X-Press concerts, plays, sporting events, prom, and just everything in my life and being a great support to me. I'm glad he went on a mission and am thankful for that dedcision he made and can share experiences and help me now with Matt being on a mission and for his help and knowledge that can help me get through it. I'm thankful for the Priesthood that he has and for just being able to go to him if I need a blessing or just to talk. I'm glad he has been part of the church forever and has been an example to me and was able to baptize me and help me throughout my life in the gospel. He just does so much for me and I don't think I give him enough credit. I love him so much! Thanks dad for all that you do for me! You're awesome!

3 comments:

Kim said...

You are awesome! We have had some great times and I look forward to many more. I am really proud of you. I hope you will always be my little girl. I sure love you and always want the best for you. Thanks again for all the beautiful words. Love, Dad.

Kim said...

BTW - this made your Dad's day!! He was very touched. You are a sweet girl.
Love ya, Kim

Sarah Greener said...

Happy b-day to your dad. He seems like one cool dad. Oh and I love your header btw. The picture of you and matt in the top left corner brought a little tear to my eye! haha I sure miss that kid!