Since I didn't really get to do much on my actual brithday because of the play and all, Kim took me, Kaylie, Delaney, and her friend Shelby to Las Vegas for a fun weekend for just us girls. We couldn't leave town until about 5:00 because of basketball practice again, but that's okay. We got there and still had time to go out and have fun. We stopped in St.George to eat at Durangos(which is like my favorite restraunt!)
Then we headed back on the road where we had to stop in Mesquite again to shop for food for the next couple days.
Waiting to get our room....
The guy that was in charge at the front desk when we got to our condo place was a little strange. For my birthday he gave me a hygiene kit and a little "scrapbook" to document my fun vacation. He just wouldn't leave us alone either. Our room wasn't one of the same ones we had a couple weeks ago, which made me kinda sad, but it's okay because we still had fun! I got to "open presents" when we got there which consisted of Kaylie's and a couple cards. Kaylie got me the Red Sox hoodie I was wanting for the past month or so and I was a pretty happy camper! My grandparents gave me one of those huge cards that make noise. It played the hampster dance song and me and Kaylie being the crazy people that we are actually did the dance to it. We're insane, but it was really late so can you blame us? After we got settled in we drove up and down the strip just looking around. And when we got back we watched half of The Proposal and went to sleep. We were so tired!
Talking or texting on our phones...Kaylie claims she didn't have anyone to text...
That night we drove up the strip and back down just to look at all the lights and stuff. We came back and watched half of The Proposal and then hit the hay we were so tired.
The next morning we all were ready by 10:00 and decided to just hit the town. We had so many things we wanted to do and only ended up doing one of them. Kim wanted to get our picture taken in front of the "Welcome to fabulous Las Vegas" sign. So we did. I don't know why tourists like to do that, it's really not all the fabulous or that cool. It's just a sign haha
We ended up in the really HUGE mall to shop and just hang out until the movie. I spent all of my birthday money on new clothes. The mall had so many stores I got a little overwhelmed. Some guy in there that I think was working at one of the booths saw us and asked if we were from Idaho. None of us could understand him but when we did we told him we were actually from Utah. He said, "Oh even better. Those Utah girls are the most beautiful girls. It must be something in the water." Yeah, he was very weird.
yeah don't ask....
We met up with my Aunt Krissy back at our condo and we all headed to Town Square mall where our movie was playing. We did some more shopping and ate dinner before our movie actually started. We ate at a restraunt called "Johnny MaGuires." Everyone else seemed to love their food but note to the wise, don't ever get a salad there. It tastes to gross! It's like not even a salad! And what kind of restraunt decorates with pickles?
Well while Delaney and Shelby shopped and wandered around a little more, the rest of us went to go wait in line for New Moon. We got there 1 1/2 hour early thinking there would be a huge line just waiting to get in. We were the very first in line and had a few groups of poeple waiting behind us. An hour and a half later when the guy finally let us in, Kim and Krissy for some reason ran into the theatre for the good seats. Little did we know we didn't have to wait in line for very long because there were still a bunch of seats when the movie started.
Waiting in Line
they found internet connection and had them out like the whole time in line.....
New Moon actually ended up being pretty good. I liked it a lot more than I did the first one. We went to the Belagio to see the flower decoration things they have in there year round. It wasn't as cool as it usually was. Actually seemed kinda lame. There wasn't very much in there at all.
We watched the watershow outside in the cold. The water sprayed on us and made us ever colder. All of us excpet Kim and Krissy wanted to go to the M&M Factory. Krissy made us all bunch up in the front and as soon as she stopped we had to make a break for it. It was so intense!
I was very disappointed to find the Coca-Cola Fatory closed. I think it's been closed the past few times I've been there. Maybe I'm just out around town too late when I'm there.
We then went to Ceasar's Palace where it smelled really bad. We think the sewer was backed up. Anyways, we ate at the Cheesecake Factory. We shared a pizza and ordered some cheesecake. They told the guy it was my birthday so he brought out a plate of cheesecake and had decorated the plate just for me. That guy was way nice! He also made them sing to me.
We didn't get home until about 1:00 a.m. but it was a lot of fun. Thank you Kim for setting everything up and everyone else for going and making my birthday awesome! Also there might be some videos coming soon, that is if I can get them to work!
























No comments:
Post a Comment