Sunday, February 6, 2011

Brian Head, a Dance, and a Hike

Yesterday was quite the adventure and was very eventful. I was in my element, out of my element, and then just plain tired and didn't care what happened. This is basically what my schedule looked like yesterday.

7:00 a.m. I woke up earlier (a lot earlier) than I usually do to babysit for my Aunt Heather while she went to my cousin's game.

8:00 a.m. While I babysat my cousin Max, who is just adorable, was playing downstairs with his little basketball hoop and kept trying to play catch and made baskets. He is only 1 but he is soooooo cute! He would make sure I clapped after he made a basket. I also got to do a big Dora puzzle and another puzzle while watching Disney Channel. I was still half asleep the whole time, but I got through it.

9:30 a.m.  I got in my car and headed up to Brian Head to meet up with my mom, little sisters, and their two friends to go sledding and visit with my grandparents.

11:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m.  I got picked up at the lodge where I always park my car when I drive up there. My mom picked me up on the snowmobile and we made our way to the cabin. We all played Just Dance 1 & 2 and played a game of "Idiot".  My Grandpa loves to play card games and he is always surprised when I play this game with them because I never play. I just like that game and it might be the only card game I actually like. Anyways, while my mom and grandpa took the younger girls for a snowmobile ride, I stayed back in the cabin with my grandma and she fixed my dress for Kaylie's wedding for me. It now actually fits me and she is going to add some stuff under it to make it poofier and not so straight. I'm pretty excited!  Then we went sledding on a hill pretty close to the cabin and instead of having to hike back up to the top, my grandpa would give us a ride back up on the snowmobile. It was a lot of fun!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


5:00 p.m. I got in my car to head back down here to St. George. Well from Brian Head to almost Parowan I had this truck full of what looked like college students follwing behind me really close. Well as soon as we got to Parowan they got pulled over by a cop that just turned and happened to see them. I can't tell you how excited I got to see that they got what they deserved. On the freeway my mom was behind me and follwed me most of the way back.

6:15 p.m.  I got back to my apartment and just sat around. I was going to stop in Cedar to hang out with Matt on my way back, but he had family there so when I got back here I texted him and he decided to come down here and we would go see a movie at 9:35. So I ate dinner and got ready and watched a little tv in there too.

9:15 p.m I am on my way to Hurricane where we decided to meet for the movie and I get a text from Matt saying he popped a tire and wouldn't be able to make it. I turned around and headed back to my apartment. I was really bummed but I guess we just weren't meant to hang out or something. Well don't worry because Matt wasn't on the freeway but was between LaVerkin and Toquerville and his dad was only in Apple Valley and was able to turn around and help him. It took a long time for him to get back to Cedar due to many other things happening, but he is okay.

9:45 p.m I got back to my apartment and KateLyn and Stormie were getting ready to go to a party for KateLyn's friend's birthday party. They asked if I wanted to go so I decided I had nothing else better to do so I went with them. The party was pretty intense and it was at this girls house and she had a DJ from Vegas come and it was pretty loud in that house and a strobe light that was going the whole time. I started getting a headache and felt sick to my stomach. It was intense. People were dancing and socializing and having fun. If any of you know me, I don't and can't dance. I'm uncoordinated and embarrass myself if I even try. Well being the party pooper that I am, I just stood there and watched everyone.

A funny story about this party is, about half hour after we get there, the cops show up. The funny thing is like 2 minutes before I had a bad feeling and then was thinking in my head how I felt like I was in one of those movies where the cops show up at a party and bust people. The thing about this party was that the cops came in and told us that the neighbors had complaints about the music being too loud and that we should turn it down. They were also joking with us. They probably would have been mad if we would have had alcohol or something there, but there was a bunch of mormon kids and a few of them were from my ward, so it was a clean party.

11:00 p.m. We left the party and as we were leaving the cops were just walking up the sidewalk to the party again. Yeah the DJ never turned the mosic down so the cops may have been shutting the party down. Well now I can say I've been to a party where the cops showed up.

11:30 p.m Me and my roomates tend to do some crazy things at random times. Well we decided to get hot chocolate and head up to the Dixie Mountain to drink it and just look out over the city. It was way cold outside and the hot chocolate didn't help much, but we had fun anyways.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

12:30 a.m We got back to the apartment and watched Knight and Day.

1:30 a.m KateLyn and Stormie fell asleep on the couch and KaCee and I decided it was time to go to sleep. And that was the ending to my very eventful day.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Goodnight everyone!

No comments: