I know I have been a total slacker lately. That is mostly because I haven't done very much besides school and I haven't been taking any pictures because my camera has been dead for the past 3 weeks and I just found my charger when I went home this past weekend. I guess I will just write about this past week and all the happenings there.
Let's start with last Tuesday becasue that seems to be as far back as I can remember. Well on Tuesdays it's "Glee Day" around here. All four of us sit down and watch Glee together. Well my good friend Matt came from Cedar to hang out because he is sick of Cedar. We didn't really get to do much. We went to the Pizza Factory to eat with Kaylie, and then we met up with a few boys from Kanab that are also going to school here too. We went to play Laser Tag and I totally lost against all these boys. But it was still pretty fun! We then had a great experience at the Maverick on the Boulevard. This couple was parked in front of the store and the girl ran out and they like started going at it just right there! It was so ridiculous! I decided that, that Maverick if probably the most sketchy down here. We all did laugh pretty hard because it was kinda funny. It was just nice to actually get out and do something.
On Wednesday I went back home to Kanab for the weekend for Fall Break.I went for a drive with my friend Chasen, whom I haven't talked to for a long time so it was nice. I got to go to Young Womens with my mom and we went on an epic "Ghoul Hunt". You used scriptures that would give you a clue of where in town you were supposed to go. We went places like Honey's, the Heritage House, Levi Stewart Memorial, the Cemetary, and the Model's barn where they had us go through it with chainsaws going and people in there scaring us. When we were done we met back at the church and had warm apple cider, hot chocolate, and donuts. It was actually a really fun activity.
On Thursday I got to go to the dentist. I really actually love going to the dentist. It's crazy I know, but ever since I interned I have loved going. I love the feeling of having clean teeth afterwards and it just makes me feel good. It also helps that I know what to look for and know what they are doing. I think I had a cavity but he didn't tell me anything. That night I went to the high school "Blackout" football game. Everyone was supposed to wear black and they wore black jerseys. I got to be with PEP Band, just like the old times. It was a pretty fun game. They actually won too! It was also really nice to show up and have friends practically yell my name and run to me and give me a hug.
On Friday I got to sleep in a little bit and then I went to lunch with McKenna and her friend Kim to Lotsa Motsa. I haven't eaten there since before I moved so it was a good change. It was nice spending time with them for awhile. I went back to the high school when they got out and went to drama for a little bit. McKenna went to do chores and stuff so I sat there and was with Brooke and Josh. Brooke wanted to go for a drive so we drove around for about an hour and then ended up over at my dad's. Kim got Lotsa Motsa for dinner so I got pizza again. We met McKenna and Landon at the elementary and we talked for a little bit and then went back to my dad's to watch Hot Rod. Funniest movie EVER! Maddie came over too so it was like a party. When the movie got over we made cookies and then went back to the church. McKenna and me ended up going for a walk around town to talk about things. I really miss McKenna and I'm so glad I got to spend time with her. It feels like it's been awhile since we actually got to sit down and talk.
Saturday I got to go to work at Glazier's 8 until 5. It was kinda nice to work again and know that I'm getting at least a little bit of money so I won't have to worry a lot about it. I got to kinda chill after work and then waited until about 8:30 until McKenna came over so we could Skype with our friend Aaron who is clear in Boston. I really miss Aaron a lot. It's still really hard having him far away because it feels like our group of friends isn't complete. I still find myself almost asking people where he is when we hang out. We got to talk to him for about an hour and a half. It was so nice! Around 10:30 we ended up at Josh's house and played "What If" and talked for the most part.
Sunday was TJ Reidhead's homecoming and I got to go to that. He gave such a great talk about not judging others and told stories from his mission. Afterwards I talked to Chasen and Matt Schmutz until church actually got out. It was pretty nice. I went over to my dad's house to celebrate Kim's birthday. We had a delicious lunch and then went for a drive. I don't really remember much because I fell asleep. We got back and had cinnamon rolls. They were very tasty! I went home and had pumpkin pie that my mom made and got to spend a little time with her before I came back to St. G.
Now I guess I'm going to vent a little bit. Lately things have been changing so much and it's really starting to scare me. When I went home I was trying to hang out with all of my friends but two of them I got the response of "Well this other friend wanted to do something tonight, so we will have to see." I'm not gonna lie I got a little upset about it. To me it's not really fair that I only go home like every once in awhile and it hurts when they want to be with their friends they see everyday at school. It just feels like none of my friends really talk to me anymore and now when I go home they all get into a big group and have all these inside jokes that I'm not part of or just talk about high school that I don't know anything about anymore. Even my other friends that are in college seem to be drifting away and it's really scaring me. It's almost like we don't know what to talk about and things get awkward. It's just getting harder and harder as life goes on..... :( I've just been really upset the whole weekend I was home, but I'm slowly overcoming it, I think.
Final Presentation Finally
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment