This weekend was really great! My friends are amazing! I'm sorry there's no pictures or anything, I just didn't feel like carrying my camera around with me everywhere. My mom made fun of me for being able to carry my phone around that was completely useless but not my camera. So sorry about that!
Friday: We left town around 2:00. Our trip kinda started off a little rough. My mom had to take up mattresses for my grandparents. They were starting to fall out I guess so she had to stop at the Port of Entry to fix it. Jay ended up needing to bring her another rope to tie it down with. So the rest of us just left without her. I got to play Navigator. It was fun!
We got up there around 3:30 probably and got settled. The boys got to stay in the garage that my grandparents turned into a cabin. It looked like it would be its own adventure within itself! I tried to make it fun but i didn't know how. So we went outside and played badmitton. Or however you spell it. Justin was on my team. While Matt, Chasen, and Cassi were on the other team. Cici didn't play so the teams were uneven. Justin ended up being the only one to hit it so I quit and joined Cici on the porch. Cassi joined soon too. It ended up being a war between the boys. Pretty intense! but hilarious too! Boys are pretty silly sometimes! Me and Cassi left for a minute to find a tree that I wrote on. I ran up the hill and tripped on a log and got a couple bruises. When we got back we got to take the 6 seater Ranger and go for a ride.
When it got dark we went for another Ranger ride. The point was mainly to look for deer. Chasen got to drive while I navigated. Matt and Justin sat on the ends with their flashlights. When we saw deer they would jump out and chase them. It was pretty intense! The only way back that I knew was past the ski lifts. Some random truck started following us. It was a little creepy. They followed us at least until we were really close to our cabin. We sat around outside until at least 1:30 in the morning talking about like everything we possibly could talk about. Chasen and Matt kinda made fun of me because I was so tired and they have never seen me up that late before. Which I usually don't stay up that late! I like my sleep!
Saturday: My grandpa pretty much woke me up at 8:30 so I just got to lay in bed for a little bit longer. All the girls were ready by 10:00 so we went out to the cabin and woke the boys up. They didn't seem too happy about getting up. But they did anyways.
After breakfast we got in the Ranger. Justin got to drive even though him and Chasen played rock, paper, scissors, and Chasen won. I rode in the back where you get really dusty. It was awesome! My face had dirt spots all over. I don't mind gettin dirty! My mom had us follow her and my grandma to the Twisted Forest, which is just a big bare spot with a bunch of random trees. The hike takes you up to the top of a mountain and overlooks Cedar Breaks. It was really pretty! I almost died the way back down though. I tripped on a rock. I'm so clumsy! Its terrible! We went over to another lookout that you coule see like part of Cedar. Then on the way back we went to another lookout. You drive past an old sheepherders cabin and it over looks just a really pretty view. My mom claims she saw a blackbear down in the meadow. SCARY!!
After lunch it started raining really hard. When it stopped for a little bit we played volleyball! The boys said they could beat the girls. We only kept score for the first 20 minutes then stopped when we were still playing while it was riaing AND hailing. I loved it! I kinda got a little too into it and competitive. The boys kept hitting it over our heads so we would have to run down the hill to get the ball. I felt kinda bad when I got mad and purposely hit it over Matt's head so he had to go down the hill and get it. We all ended up getting soaked. I got pretty muddy because I actually dove for the ball a couple times or I just slipped. Told you I'm clumsy!
After about an hour of playing that we all went inside to dry off. All of us sat downstairs and watched Black Sheep. It was pretty hilarious! I started out on the couch but ended up on the floor where I probably would have fallen asleep if Matt wouldn't have kept tickling me! After the movie everyone went upstairs to play card games. Me and Cassi just stayed downstairs and watched Remember the Titans.
We went on another Ranger ride. The same one we took the night before. Just lookin for deer. Chasen started talking about what would happen if we saw some red eyes and the Ranger stopped. He talked about all the scary movies he's seen. Like if black creatures came out of nowhere and tried to take us one at a time. The only figures in my mind were the Dementors on Harry Potter or the creatures on I Am Legend. So I was pretty freaked out that whole ride. I think Matt and Justin were too because they didn't get out to chase the deer we saw. Fortunately we didn't have any random trucks follow us this time. I freaked out after Chasen said that my family would be gone when we got back and we would find the neighbors gone and all the dogs dead. They were there when we got back though.
We played Pirates of the Caribbean Life. It was fun! We had a blast raiding each other. Poor Matt had the smallest boat. He got lucky though and was able to win every time someone raided him. Justin was pretty mad and kept taking it out on Cici. I felt bad! We sat outside talking until about 12:30. Everyone was pretty tired.
Sunday: We had to get the boys up at 9:30. It wasn't too difficult. You just tell them that the food is about ready and the shower is open and they hurry pretty fast. You could probably tell all of us were tired. It was a long weekend. We went to church at 11:00 which only lasted about an hour. Matt and Chasen passed the sacrament. I'm really proud of them...They're amazing!
Cici left right after church to get Lexa from the airport. I changed pretty fast and packed up all my stuff. My grandpa taught all of us how to play farkel. Which is a game of chance with dice. I was the official scorekeeper. That takes a lot of thinking. Who knew I would have to use math anywhere other than school!
All of us left after lunch. It was raining again. Me and Cassi rode with the boys home. Matt got some sleep. I wasn't too comfortable sitting in the middle and having my seatbelt like on my stomach.
This weekend was the best ever! Thanks to everyone that came for making it fun! And for putting up with me! You guys are great! :D
Final Presentation Finally
12 years ago
1 comment:
gosh that sounds like so much fun! I wish i had a cabin, and u got to go with boys gosh what more can ya ask for :P
Post a Comment