Anyways that isn't the reason for this post. I know this happened a few weeks ago, but I thought I might be getting other pictures as well, but I didn't. So this post is about my Lagoon trip that I went on with three other friends. I think I should warn you ahead of time that there are soooooo many pictures. I think I might take too many pictures of things but I think I got some pretty hilarious ones. So just sit back, relax, grab some popcorn, and enjoy this super long post!
Our adventure started out on a Friday morning. I had the very great opportunity of driving us up there and I will admit I was scared for our lives. I haven't ever driven on a freeway except from St. George to Parowan, so I think it's safe to say I am no expert in the freeway driving area. But when you are with friends and singing to music and laughing about different things, the stress of driving can sorta be calmed. We took Highway 89 to Nephi. We were going to stop places and take pictures but that didn't quite happen. But it was still so very pretty and we didn't really have too many other people on the road with us. Thank goodness! But once we got on the freeway it seemed everyone decided to be on the road. As soon as Provo came I was super nervous and super super scared. I know someone was watching over us because we could have gotten in an accident or too and had one close call, but we made it through. I was so relieved when we finally got to my Aunt Wendy's house.
Here is a video of how scared I was and all of us in the car:
We made it to my aunt's house where we were staying and we decided we should go see a movie. So we took all our stuff in and drove up the street to the huge, fancy movie theatre. We saw the movie "17 Miracles". It is about the Mormon Pioneers that were a part of the Willy Handcart Company and they told of some miracles that not too many people have heard about. It was such a good movie and I'm pretty sure I cried throughout the whole thing. Pretty much anyone in that movie was crying. It was so good!
After the movie we had some time to kill so we drove up to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple to take some pictures and just walk around it.








After we visited the temple, Matt wanted to drive up through Daybreak (just above the temple) and go visit the lake up there with bridges. I guess that's where they go every year for All State Choir so he thought it would be fun. So when we got up there we drove by all the big, pretty houses and parked by the lake. I think Matt mostly took pictures here but I got a few.
This is mine and McKenna's "frienship flower". These cute little flowers were everywhere up there so we picked some and floated them in the water. It was quite fun. We eventually ended up picking four of them that represented all of us there. It was a little silly!



We drove back and made it just in time for dinner. My Uncle Steve made us hamburgers, fries, corn on the cob, watermelon, and just way yummy food! I ate so much it was so delicious! Then we went to the mall to do some shopping and I finally got my cute "Jesus" shoes! I was pretty excited! I think we were there until it closed and whatnot. Can I just say how glad I was Matt has the phone he has? I'm pretty sure if it wasn't for him we would have gotten lost a bunch of times. It pretty much got us to the mall and back. I am definitely not good with directions at all so he helped a lot. Pretty much we went back and watched a movie and eventually fell asleep.
On Saturday morning we woke up at like 6:30ish and drove up to the temple and were able to do baptisms. There really wasn't anyone in there so we got done pretty fast. When we did confirmations the guy in there kept talking. He noticed that the boys were holding doors open for us and stuff and I think he thought that was pretty cool. He said that he loved what a prophet said and it was something like "If it were up to me my wife (or any woman) would never have to touch a door handle a day in her life." I thought that was pretty cool. I wish we could have waited a little bit while we were in there so we could enjoy being in the temple more, but I still loved every second of it. I love doing bapstims in the Oquirrh Mountain temple. I wish I could go up there more often to do them. It was still such a spiritual experience. (We took pictures but not with my camera so I don't have any to post.)
Basically when we got done at the temple we went up to Lagoon!! We got there before it opened so we had to wait behind the ropes to ride rides. I saw a boy that was in my ward in St. George though so that was pretty cool! But of course, me being me, I didn't talk to him at all. Anyways it was a really nice day and in the morning it wasn't very busy. We could get on almost any ride and only have to wait in line for like 2 minutes. It was great!



I love the Merry-Go-Round. I think after last year with Kaylie, it's now officially a tradtion. Although the boys didn't ride it last year because they were party poopers.



I'm pretty sure I have to go on the boat ride before I go on the bigger rides to get my stomach used to the feeling of being full of butterflies. But I love this ride! Usually there are screaming contests, but this time we didn't have any. So it was the best ever!




The sky ride is one of my favorites! I just don't like when you get stuck on the ride because it is so high up and scares me pretty good. Of course McKenna and I had to get the "Feet" picture! It's tradition!

This picture shows what ruined Lagoon fun time for me. I got super sick. I rode with Aaron and we did the going upside down thing and I was fine for a while but then eveutually I got sick and thought I was going to throw up. I had to sit by the bathroom for a long time. We went to eat after we rode it and I couldn't eat anything. So we rode the skyride back over to the other side and decided to ride the train since it was a calm ride.


Oh did I mention that we got stuck on this ride for like 10 or more minutes? Yeah, it happened.



I handed my camera over to Matt to take some pictures and these are what we got:






Yeah, pictures of the sad depressed animals. It's a good thing he didn't get a picture of the ostrichs. I refuse to explain why.
Oh yeah! A picture I didn't get that I should have is of me with The Rocket. Yes, I Kelsie Blake, went on The Rocket. I didn't quite enjoy it that much but I still did it! :) Be proud everyone, because I am!
I started feeling better so I was able to go on more rides. We went on The Bat and did our awesome pose after that we dedicate to our friend Kaylie! We did the bat and wrap just for her! (We still need to make that into a video btw to anyone actually reading this that actually knows what I'm talking about).



Then I pretty much made everyone go to little kid land to go on those rides. They had a new ride there that is a roller coaster and it's a realyl short ride but I'm pretty sure I could ride it over and over. The seats are very comfortable and they play beach music the whole ride. I quite like it a lot!



I think I found another new favorite ride. It is called The Odysea. Basically you go on it with someone that laughs with you and also doesn't really know what you're supposed to do. It's like the Dumbo ride at Disneyland but you get wet. When I was controlling it I somehow got it to get McKenna, and it was the other way around when she controlled it. But it was so much fun! I'm pretty sure we screamed more than the little kids on the ride. We also got pretty wet and it was awesome!


Then of course the boys like to ride the Bumper Cars. I'm still not able to drive those things. It just confuses my brain and I can't figure out how they work. So I'm the one that gets hit a lot.


And of course you can't go to Lagoon without riding on the Wooden Rollercoaster! I don't like how it jerks you around but it's still a fun ride.


So I told everyone that I would go on this ride this year for sure. But considering how I was sick earlier that day and the fact that I went on the Rocket that I swore I would never go on, I didn't go. Hopefully someday I get the guts to actually go on it. But the other three went on it.





Then of course we went on the Music Ride very last because that's what we will probably always do. This time I was able to take lots of pictures though that I must say turned out awesome!! So enjoy these hilarious pictures (I know some may look the same but if you look you can see the boys making some hilarious faces):
Of course these were before the ride even started...





















When we got back we went to Olive Garden to eat and went back to my aunt's house. We watched Journey to the Center of the Earth. Well a couple of us did. A couple others fell asleep. I'm sure we all got some good sleep that night.
On Sunday morning we woke up at like 6:15 (at least I did) to get ready and tried to leave by like 7:30. We drove up to Temple Square so we could go to Music and the Spoken Word. We made it up there just in time because we didn't have to wait in line for very long. We got some pretty good seats too! There was a boys choir from South Africa there and they were pretty good. When the Mo-Tab sang I got goosebumps and I was super excited to see them live! We got to sit through the practice and then again for the actual broadcast. It was so amazing to be there!!!

After the broadcast we walked around Temple Square and also toured the Conference Center that took way longer than the last time I was there. The guy had to relive his old memories of what was happening during certain events and talked a lot. But it was interesting. I didn't get any pictures of that though.

We walked over to the Church History Museum. Oh my goodness I loved it! There were some really amazing things in there! They had the death masks of Joseph and Hyrum Smith and Emma Smith's hymnbook, and so many other cool things! I would love to go back and spend more time in there. I'm pretty sure it was one of the coolest things I've done! There was also a section for kids to play and stuff and of course we had to take advantage of it. We got to dress up, learn a dance, and play with puppets!



Matt really doesn't look to happy to be there.
We basically drove home after all of that. So I think a THE END is in order.
This was such an amazing trip and I'm so glad I got to go with my awesome friends! Not only did we get to mess around at Lagoon but we also got to do some spiritual things too. I think we did more spritual things that not. Even the movie we saw was about pioneers. I have the greatest friends ever!
I also want to thank my Aunt Wendy and Uncle Steve for letting us stay at their house and for making us such an amazing dinner. I love you and appreciate you sooooo much! Thank you so much! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment