Monday, April 27, 2009

State Solo and Ensemble

X-Press and Encore got to go to state solo and ensemble this past weekend. We left on Friday at pretty much 7:00 because we had to wait for all of our softball and baseball players to get done with their game. The bus ride wasn't really that great because i hate buses. I kinda tried to sleep the way up, but that didn't happen due to all the noisy people in the back and everyone talking. It was raining up in Salt Lake.

We finally got to our hotel around midnight or past then, I can't really remember. It was raining outside so we were all in a hurry to get to our rooms. We stayed at the Residence Inn in Draper. It was probably the nicest hotel we have ever stayed in. There was a kitchen when you first walked through the door and it was separate from the room. The room has two queen size beds and a bathroom. There were two flat screen tv's both in the kitchen area and the bedroom. It was really cool!
After we all showered and it was about 1:30 in the morning we all made smore's. They were my version of indoor smore's where you just cook them in the microwave. They actually turned out pretty good. When we were all done I ended up doing the dishes. It wasn't too bad. I went to bed about a half hour before the other girls. They finally went to bed I think around 2:30 or later. Right when my head hit my pillow at about 2:00 I was out.
Courtney with her smore...yummy!
McKenna in the corner making hers...
The smores were pretty messy too...all that chocolate ended up all over my face...

The next morning we had to wake up pretty early to get ready. We had to be at Lone Peak High School by 9:30 or something. Encore had to perform at 10:30 so the rest of us just watched the individuals perform or just hung out around the school. My small quintet performed at 11:50. We sang "Come In From the Firefly Darkness", which is also a song all of X-Press sang last year. We got a 1 which is the best you can do! All of us were pretty excited!
I ran into a couple people from Pine View that I knew. My crush from 3rd grade , Jordan Ellsworth, was there. It was crazy! He came into the room we were performing in and sat down right next to me. I didn't dare say anything though because I already felt pretty stupid. He sang after we did. His voice was AMAZING! I told my friends about him because I guess they could tell I was a little embarrassed or in shock or something. I'm not realyl sure. Tia Melissa who used to live down the street sat by me and was like "Kelsie I don't know if you remember me, but we went to school together." I told her I remembered her because I did. After we all go out into the hall Sara started talking to Jordan and was like "You sound so great. Good job!" So I told him he did a really good job. I could tell he didn't rememeber me, which made me even more embarrassed. Other than that nothing else too exciting went on.
X-Press performed at 1:50. We sang our three songs really really good and the best we have ever sang the songs before. We ended up leaving with a 2+ which isn't so great but its not the best you can get. We all though it was unfair. It rained and snowed most of the way home. We had to take the road through Cedar to get home. Everyone was really tired and just wanted to be home. I was WAY anxious to just get home.
Ben, Patrick, and Matt tried to braid McKenna's hair. They didn't do too abd of a job....

2 comments:

Kim said...

S'mores look yummy!

Kaylie Jean said...

looks like fun! have you ever tried making smores over the stove???? lol they are yummy! lol but wow im so jelous of where you stayed!! Lucky!!